Senior Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple - how online orders are placed, the customer experience with technology in our retails stores, how much network capacity we need around the world and so much more. The Strategy and Programs team within IS&T is responsible for leading, planning and execution of strategic cross-functional initiatives across IS&T. We are looking for an Engineering Project Manager who thrives in an environment of complexity and excels at connecting strategy to execution.
- Solid ability to understand and develop new engineering solutions to drive repeatable realization of programs.
- Extensive experience planing and coordinating all aspects of the above information system specific programs from initiation to delivery.
- Solid understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process including comprehending business and functional requirements, developing detailed technical designs, and implementing testable solutions when needed.
- Extraordinary influencer who is outstanding at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program and project levels.
- Comfortable working with, presenting to, and facilitating decisions among senior leaders and executives based on evolving priorities. Able to ask the right questions and challenge status quo.
- Shown strength in position of leadership. Ability to mobilize, encourage, and lead teams without direct management authority. Ability to lead teams of both internal and external cross-functional partners.
- Experience crafting and leading strategic planning. Skilled at articulating not just the how, but also the why.
- Expert knowledge of program/project management tools such as strategic frameworks, change management, dependency management, and risk management.
- 7+ years of experience delivering sophisticated, cross-functional programs
Lead and drive the preparation and delivery of large, intricate, and strategically significant multi-functional directives including but not limited to: 1. Develop, coordinate, and support engineering solutions for programs to refine IS&T values and strengthen employees communication and engagement. 2. Responsible for end-to-end program and product development. 3. Derive technology stack and implement Proof-of-Concept (POC) solutions for new engineering programs. Understand IS&T’s strategic priorities and engage in conceptualization and planning of initiatives to craft their execution. Mobilize and lead cross-functional engineering teams through execution, launch, and implementation of initiatives. Drive and maintain senior leadership engagement and alignment, facilitating and supporting key decisions. Implement standard methodologies and processes (e.g. for planning, resource needs/management, schedule management and communications) and help drive adoption of them throughout the organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)