Technical Product Manager - Commerce, Apple Media Products
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
As a Product Manager on the Commerce team, you will have the opportunity to create amazing experiences for customers who are purchasing digital goods and services from content creators, developers, and Apple! Our commerce platform supports billions of transactions in over 170 countries, so your contributions are sure to make a big impact. You will play a pivotal role in researching new features and optimizations that ensure Apple offers a best-in-class commerce product. This role will require close collaboration with global and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Business, Product Marketing, Legal, Fraud and Finance. You will define product requirements and plan the strategy for execution, while working closely with business analysts and data scientists to analyze, experiment, and iterate throughout the product lifecycle. You will take part in building innovative ML strategies to solve challenging problems that will positively impact Apple services. This role focuses on improving Commerce platform performance by removing purchase friction for customers during one-time transactions, and reducing involuntary churn from subscriptions. This requires a deep understanding of financial authorizations and subsequent declines across all accepted payment methods such as credit/debit, digital wallets, and carrier billing. You will be asked to optimize the platform by reducing the billing error rate and increasing the recovery rate, which minimizes service interruption for customers and increases conversion for partners and developers. *Also Open to the following Work Locations: NYC, Vancouver, Canada and Cupertino, CA*
- 5-7 years of experience as a hands-on and technically savvy Product Manager.
- Commerce and Payments platform knowledge through industry or consulting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of subscription churn management and payment authorization management is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable to work with data and complex analyses
- Proven ability to motivate cross-functional teams to deliver their best work
- CORE COMPETENCIES
- Business acumen / learning on the fly
- Ethics and values / integrity and trust
- Drive for results / Decision quality
- Accountability without control / Standing alone
- Seeing around corners / Sensing the moment
- Dealing with ambiguity / Composure
- Interpersonal savvy / Negotiation
- Peer Relationships / Compassion
- Understanding others / Motivating others
- Planning / Priority setting / Time management
- Written communication / Presentation skills
- Identify and evaluate potential commerce platform features with a focus on features that help reduce involuntary churn, increase payment acceptance, and optimize the backend processes of the commerce engine while also enhancing the customer transaction experience on our stores. - Set long-term vision and product strategy and communicate to stakeholders - Prepare and present impactful product pitches to leadership and cross-functional stakeholder group. - Deliver functional business/product requirements with detailed technical specifications - Prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive partners to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues - Facilitate pilot programs with partners and developers - Forecast, monitor, and report on impact of products in portfolio - Stay current on emerging commerce companies and solutions