SW Engineer, AMP, App Store
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
The App Store engineering team is looking for a senior engineer dedicated to iAd integration within the App Store and other system services. The role will primarily involve development within in the App Store app and associated system frameworks, but also involve close collaboration with the iAd client and server engineering teams.
- Prior experience developing iOS applications in Swift or Objective C!
- Passion for building high-quality user experiences with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and work well multi-functional
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude!
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the App Store community
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Prior experience with advertising frameworks and the ad industry a plus
- Experience with application instrumentation and reporting also beneficial
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
The App Store Team :When this team introduced the App Store, it launched a cultural and economic phenomenon that changed the way people live, work, and play. These engineers continue to innovate the platform, now home to over 1.5 million apps — each created using the team’s own software development kit and related services. All those apps mean the store takes billions of requests from more than 500 million visitors every week, across iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS. To deliver such a rich experience at this scale, the engineers build high-performance systems backed up by persistent system wide A/B testing. And to help people discover apps they love, the team uses machine learning techniques that include natural language processing to develop new algorithms for personalization, search, and recommender systems. In a world where apps have become essential in people’s daily lives, the App Store team has become essential to Apple’s business. Areas of work include macOS/iOS Engineering, Full-Stack Engineering, Front-End Engineering, Back-End Engineering, Quality Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, Commerce Engineering, and Engineering Project Management. The App Store team sits at the nexus of many different teams, platforms and technologies at Apple, providing opportunities for interesting technical and user experience challenges. In this role you will be passionate about improving and further integrating iAd within the App Store search tab and elsewhere within the iOS platform. This will be a highly cross-functional role which requires close collaboration with many teams throughout Apple. You should be able to clearly communicate complex technical concepts, work well with others and evaluate trade-offs based upon the needs of multiple partners.