Quality Engineering Lead - Apple Digital Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of problem solvers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Application Strategy and Engineering team is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to contribute to design, analysis and certification of our support apps. We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about quality and using lightweight processes to consistently achieve it. The role would also involve interacting with cross-functional engineering and product teams to test features, perform root cause analysis, and drive the quality of out customer's experience.
- 5+ years experience in software quality assurance testing. Experience as a team lead preferred.
- 5+ years experience testing iOS native and Safari-based web applications. Expertise with tools like XCode, Charles, Git a must.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and Scrum processes.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to abstract technical conversations for non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail. A passion to get the little things right.
- Familiarity with testing technologies such as XCUITest, Ruby, Cucumber is a plus.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be directly responsible for: - The quality of Apple’s customer support experience, including consistent functionality, performance, and stability. - Understanding new and existing feature implementations in order to craft informed, robust testing charters. - Authoring test scenarios, scripts, and plans. - Executing functional, performance, and stability. - Write automation test scripts using in house tools and Xcode - Identifying and reporting defects, inclusive of first-level root cause analysis and consistent steps to reproduce. - Championing quality efforts beyond test execution, including collaborating with test automation engineering teams, product management teams, and engineering program teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.