Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking a data scientist who will help build tools and systems to analyze operational data, track the Quality of Experience, and identify problems with the system to ensure an optimal user experience. This person will collaborate closely with our Modeling & Simulation and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to influence how we build tools to monitor our system. They will examine and synthesize data from multiple sources to produce actionable recommendations for improvement. Do you have a track record of diving deep into data to uncover trends, identify anomalies, and understand the potential causes? Ideally you will have experience in networks, meticulous data analysis, and algorithm development. They must have a curious and analytical mind that can see both the big picture and drill down into the details.
- With 5+ years of proven experience with data science, mathematical modeling, probability, statistics, and optimization you will immediately add value
- Your demonstrated experience building analytic tools and analyzing operational data and synthesizing results into actionable recommendations
- Excellent problem-solving skills and independent thinker
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages: Python, R, or MATLAB
- Experience with databases and query languages: SQL
- Data visualization tools: Tableau
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills
Core responsibilities: - Work closely with the SRE team to influence the design of data analysis and operational tools. - Mine multi-sourced data, develop algorithms, and perform meticulous statistical analysis to extract trends and other insights from data. - Produce data visualizations to clearly communicate the system performance and its evolution over time.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in quantitative field such as statistics, applied mathematics, operations research, engineering, or related discipline.