Autonomy Verification Software Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
How do you verify an AI? Join a team of talented engineers who are defining verification and validation for safe autonomous technology. The Special Projects Group at Apple is seeking an accomplished software engineer to serve as an Autonomy Verification Software Engineer. In this role, you will develop methods and tools to enable analysis and verification of complex software and hardware systems. You will need to think broadly, connecting ideas across multiple domains: software design, machine learning, data science, simulation – to name a few. You will structure these ideas into robust software designs. You will work with a team of domain experts to turn designs and prototypes into internal software products that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable. You will use a variety of testing methodologies to ensure the quality of your products meets the high standards expected by the team. You will be expected to view problems from multiple perspectives and at different levels of abstraction, and to tackle them from multiple directions. We expect successful candidates to demonstrate an ability to solve such problems efficiently, and to communicate about them effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Strong computer science and mathematics fundamentals
- Experience with designing and delivering complex software systems, preferably in safety-critical applications
- Excellent skills in modern C++ (C++11 or newer), and Python 3.x
- Experience with Linux / macOS development environments
- A history of driving projects through the entire development lifecycle
As an Autonomy Verification Software Engineer, you will build software to ensure that our autonomous products meet our high standards for safety and performance. - You will design methods and tools for efficiently and robustly verifying a complex software and hardware system - You will demonstrate the value of your ideas with meaningful prototypes - You will turn prototypes into robust and scalable solutions for a variety of internal customers
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Robotics or a related field Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.