Swift Playgrounds Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Swift Playgrounds team has the unique and rewarding opportunity to work on tools for the next generation of Apple developers. It is a fast-paced and highly-collaborative group that works hard to continuously improve on the interactive coding environments for Swift, used by people around the world. The Swift Playgrounds team is looking for an engineer to help design, build, and maintain the best tool for learning and experimenting with Swift: the Swift Playgrounds app on iPad and Mac.
- Passion for developing beautiful user interfaces and seamless user experiences
- Ability to find simpler solutions to existing complex problems and workflows
- Object-oriented design and programming skills
- Established history of writing clean, maintainable code
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Ability to work closely with UI designers and implement designs down to pixel perfection
- Industry experience building interactive applications
- Strong development environment experience (Xcode, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, etc.)
The Swift Playgrounds team is looking for an engineer with a strong desire to improve the state of coding education by creating innovative tools for newcomers to learn to write Swift code and create apps for Apple platforms, while also enabling and inspiring existing developers with widely varying abilities. You will be a part of a dynamic team of individuals, working together to craft new user experiences to help take interactive Swift coding with playgrounds to the next level. Drawing from your own past experience creating real-world apps, you will bring diverse perspectives and a desire to help solve the problems you’ve encountered in your own development work. This position requires a highly creative and self-motivated individual, capable of communicating with and giving feedback to others in a range of roles across software engineering and beyond. You will have the opportunity to affect design decisions not only on developer-facing tools, but also future products across the Apple ecosystem. Iteration and innovation are key to this role. You should relish change, and be prepared to question commonly established practices, with the desire to create the best possible experience to enrich the lives of developers, both current and future.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- • If possible, provide a portfolio of your work.
- • Swift development experience is a strong plus, but not required