Global Supply Manager - Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Enjoy the thrill of dynamic and sophisticated supply chains by becoming a part of Apple’s World Class Procurement Organization! In this strategic role, you would work with Apple's global suppliers and cross-functional internal teams in the US and in Asia to execute sourcing strategies and secure supply of core component technologies in Apple products. This position requires a keen interest in global supply chain operations, manufacturing processes, supply chain optimization, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Apple organizations and with external supply chain partners.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sudden setbacks
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic and a high pressure environment
- Ability to decide and act with limited information
- Thirst for knowledge and ability to learn quickly
- Interest in semiconductor technology and operations (experience preferred but not required)
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (20% - 30% depending on commodity)
Supply Management - Ensure supply availability and continuity of critical components throughout the product’s lifecycle (from the NPI phase thru ramp to end of production) by timely and accurately forecasting demand and planning long-term capacity, proactively identifying supply chain risks and mitigation steps, rapidly driving solutions to eliminate supply shortages and to address global supply disruptions, as well as actively handling NPI samples, post-ramp qualifications (PRQ) and excess & obsolescence (E&O). Communication - Effectively communicate and call out demand requirements to suppliers. Own reporting of supply status, risks and opportunities to all key internal partners in real time during critical shortage situations or at least weekly at Executive program reviews. Cross-Functional Collaboration - Work well in a highly cross-functional and global environment with internal teams, including Engineering, Demand Planning, Operations, Procurement, Quality, Logistics, as well as external partners such as suppliers and Contract Manufacturers (CMs) to ensure business objectives are met. Process Improvement - Find opportunities and drive improvements to supply chain performance, processes, systems and tools.
Education & Experience
• BA/BS + 2 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a plus