OS Build Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about software automation and release engineering? Does shipping an OS to hundreds of millions of users appeal to you? Come and be a part of the team responsible for building software for Apple’s new product families, platforms and technologies. The Software Program team is looking for an individual with a strong background in operating system fundamentals, solid communication skills and project management experience to help bring new products to life and deliver software used by hundreds of millions of customers. We are looking for people who enjoy designing solutions to solve problems!
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated create and critical thinking capabilities
- Exhibit a curious mindset about new ideas
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and senior leaders across a highly-matrixed, cross-functional organization
- Ability to propose and adapt process to accommodate different management styles and situations
- Project management experience in software development
- Proven history of strategic and forward thinking highly desirable
- Build and release engineering/management experience highly desirable
- Unix programming/scripting experience or equivalent highly desirable
Coordinate with cross-functional teams across hardware and software to bring-up and ship new software products for a diverse range of hardware products and technologies. Manage internal processes and internal tooling for integrating software changes throughout the Apple product ecosystem. Identify and resolve inter-dependencies, program or build issues quickly and effectively. Utilize data to inform decisions for scalability and sustainability in decision making.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.