App Store Games Monetization Manager, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Over the last 10 years, mobile games have evolved into highly immersive experiences, and the App Store has become one of the largest gaming platforms in the world. We believe we are just getting started. The App Store team is seeking a talented and results-oriented individual to join our team, focusing on games monetization strategy and policy. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of in-app monetization economics and design mechanics for free-to-play games. The candidate will work closely with external developers and multiple cross-functional groups within Apple to help developers build successful app businesses while providing amazing experiences for our mutual customers. The focus of this role is on the game developer ecosystem in Japan, and the role reports to the Head of International Business Strategy & Planning, App Store & Arcade.
- Extensive experience in free-to-play mobile gaming product management and/ or business performance.
- Deep knowledge of in-app monetization economics and design mechanics for free-to-play games including innovation in the space, as well as the games industry more broadly.
- A self-starter with a hands-on demeanor, who is dedicated and demonstrates critical thinking abilities.
- Strong quantitative analytics skills, with expertise in Excel/Numbers.
- Proven ability to synthesize actionable insights from data and industry sources, and package those insights into persuasive, impactful proposals to influence new strategies.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to foster strong internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Support the development of the App Store’s business intelligence regarding free-to-play games monetization to provide guidance to developers and analysis to internal partners. Work closely with external developers to help them optimize their in-app monetization strategies, from user acquisition and initial conversion to long-term retention and in-app event operations. Collaborate with global and local App Store Business Management teams and multiple cross-functional groups within Apple to influence App Store policy and product decisions related to app business models and in-app monetization.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in business, economics, statistics, or the natural sciences; MBA or advanced degree preferred. If you have a different education background but the right experience and subject matter expertise, we encourage you to apply.
- Fluent Japanese and English is required.