Instrumentation & Test Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The emerging technology team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies. The team features opportunities for individuals to contribute across a wide spectrum of disciplines. Best in class engineering excellence and thoroughness is expected and encouraged. Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged. Invention, IP and patent creation is expected and supported. Pushing the envelope to design and ship innovative products with best-in-class technologies and user experiences is the main goal of the emerging technology team at Apple.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in software development using C, Objective C, or similar is required
- Experience in firmware development is a plus (knowledge of I2C, SPI protocols)
- Fundamental hardware engineering knowledge in analog design is required
- Ability to perform failure analysis using scientific method and experimental process
- Able to understand and perform statistical data analysis
- Able to make international travel to Asia 25% of the time* (depending on the state of global travel.)
This individual will play a key role in architecting, specifying, designing, developing and launching our calibration and testing instrumentation and algorithms for emerging technology. Candidate will be responsible for, - Hardware validation and characterization - Authoring sensor technology Instrumentation software engineering requirements documents. - Prototyping, bring-up, debug and characterization testers for Apple new products - Preparing and delivering presentations to cross functional partners and executives - Production software creation and roll-out to suppliers - Supplier liaison, including supporting instrumentation bring up and qualification at engineering builds, usually in Asia. - Defect root cause analysis and resolution, including diligent bug database tracking
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.