Server-Side Software Engineer – ACS Enterprise
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Enterprise team is looking for innovative and passionate server engineers to contribute to our Enterprise platform, as best seen in Apple School Manager and Apple Business Manager. Our team’s mission is simple: help people work together—and with our devices—at scale, whether that means a school district, a small business, or a Fortune 500 company. We’ve got big ambitions and your work will be instrumental to realizing them and delivering great products to our users. Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct and meaningful impact on the company? Do you want to work on products that are used globally every single day? Do you love designing performant, scalable, and reliable architectures? Do you want to have significant cross-team impact while working hand-in-hand with great people across Engineering, User Experience, Marketing, Product, and Support? If so, we want you to join our diverse and talented team! You can learn more about the products our team produces at: https://www.apple.com/business/ https://school.apple.com (https://school.apple.com/) https://business.apple.com (https://business.apple.com/)
- Expertise with Java, including core Java, concurrency, non-blocking IO, gRPC/protocol buffers, performance tuning, and so forth
- Ability to architect layered and complex systems, defining API boundaries with high-quality APIs, with an emphasis on microservices, separation of concerns, and scalability
- Experience with technologies such as Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, Kubernetes, and Solr a plus
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on projects that have a high impact to both users and to Apple
Consider joining our team and crafting the software for some of our most exciting products and services. We are looking for a deeply capable engineer who has a strong background in web services development and who has built high-performance, scalable, and extensible systems. You will have the opportunity to work with other teams from across the company, across a variety of disciplines, while delivering functionality that millions of our customers depend on. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team that reflects the multicultural variety of our customers.
Education & Experience
- Strong CS fundamentals are essential. Whether you have a traditional CS degree or learned some other way, we’d love to talk with you! - 5+ years of developing web services in a professional environment, or equivalent experience.
- APPLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT IS COMMITTED TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY. WE ALSO TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO OFFER EMPLOYMENT AND ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING MINORITIES, WOMEN, PROTECTED VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. APPLE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE OR RETALIATE AGAINST APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCLOSE, OR DISCUSS THEIR COMPENSATION OR THAT OF OTHER APPLICANTS.