Data Scientist- Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an energetic and self-driven, Full Stack Data Scientist to work on the next-gen data products on our iCloud data team. As a member of our fast-paced group in Apple, you will have an outstanding and exciting opportunity to craft the systems that allow our products to delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. This is a hands-on, full stack data scientist role to provide data driven insight to improve revenue, margin and customer experience of our iCloud services. This role will build data engineering assets and statistical/machine learning models to surface actionable business insights and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers. This role requires working closely with cross functional teams such as marketing, finance, product engineering teams, understand their processes and analytic needs and provide insights that benefit Apple.
- - 7 + years demonstrated ability in analyzing data and reporting.
- - Strong data mining and statistical modeling background.
- - Proven mathematical knowledge understanding of machine learning techniques such as regression, time series analysis, clustering, decision tree techniques.
- - Recent experience with building models such as Forecasting growth, Predicting churn, Customer clustering and detecting anomaly.
- - Experience in data engineering in Big Data systems.
- - Expertise in crafting Data Models for high performance and scalability
- - Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- - Experience in high-level programming language for analysis (e.g Python, R, Scala)
- Additional Success Factors:
- - Understanding Subscription based business.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- - Self motivated, independent and proactive
- - Ability to work with cross functional teams, set priorities and lead multiple projects simultaneously with critical timelines.
- Performing adhoc data analysis - Build data engineering assets using Scala, Python and other big data SQL technologies - Program in Java/Python/R to develop predictive and forecasting models - Device advanced statistical/machine learning methods to improve current KPIs - Operationalize the data engineering and machine learning models - Build visualizations to communicate insights and analytics findings.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS/BE in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Ops Research etc.) - Masters or PhD in Statistics/Mathematics is a plus Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.