Engineering Project Manager - Embedded Software Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to join our Embedded Software Platform Engineering Team in Apple’s Special Projects Group focusing on Autonomous Systems. This individual will work with multiple cross-functional teams across Apple to drive key User Experience software projects from concept, experimentation, and delivery with focus on User to Device interactions (e.g. UX, SW foundation, HW requirements). The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with HW Teams, SW Platform Teams, and various cross-functional engineering teams across Apple, with emphasis on planning and articulating the big picture and aligning the detailed deliverables.
- Product experience with user experiences, software update, cameras, sensor technologies, operating systems
- At least 5-8 years combined experience in engineering and software project leadership delivering cross-functional projects across disciplines (SW, HW, QA)
- Exceptional experience developing and/or leading large projects/programs across multiple engineering teams with a focus on systems/SW integration, user experiences, and the underlying SW frameworks and HW to support an apple experience.
- Detailed understanding of, and experience with, all phases of product development processes
- Excellent track record of project management and meeting deliverables
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with the ability to win the confidence of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information appropriate for audience
- Flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- BS in Engineering — Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree or equivalent required
Drive and own all aspects of highly cross-functional software development Partner with engineering teams through all phases of development to deliver on-time, high-quality software Lead discussions on requirements, planning, architecture, detailed design, implementation, verification and validation Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues Communicate project goals, top issues, risks, critical milestones to leadership Manage the roadmap, priorities, scoping, timelines, for technologies Help the team with ongoing improvements to the program management processes Deep dive into the details to drive decisions where needed
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering — Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree or equivalent required