Wireless SoC Validation Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering.
- Solid verification skills in problem solving, constrained random testing, and debugging.
- Bring up and test wireless SoC, Perform system integration, characterization and optimization.
- Work with different teams (Design, HW board teams and Firmware) within apple.
- Ability to understand board schematics, participate in HW Silicon validation boards schematic reviews and come up with HW board requirements for doing SOC validation.
- Experience with digital interfaces SMB/SPMI/QSPI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG
- Automate repetitive measurements and have proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages such as; Python, TCL, Expect, shell scripts.
- Experience with C/C++ and writing/debugging firmware test cases.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of wireless system characterization experience in communication system on chips (ARM).
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMM’s etc.
- Ability to do signal integrity and electrical current measurements is a plus.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WLAN,UWB or others
- Experience with MAC or PHY Verification a plus.
As a WSoC validation engineer, you will engage in the key task of designing, developing and testing that Wireless SoCs implement designs to their specifications. This work includes reading and understanding design specifications and schematics and using highly specialized test platforms to validate proper operations of the WSOC. Tasks will include working with scripting languages, such as python and Tcl, in conjunction with embedded FW to confirm functionality and evaluating performance of Wireless SoCs.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/EE
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.