Subscription Quality Engineer- Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
ACS Subscription Quality Engineering team is looking for customer focused, hardworking software quality engineer to contribute in proliferation of ever growing Apple service offerings. We are seeking an individual who can lead new projects, provide inputs with product design, and ensure that product is released in highest quality. The ideal candidate for this role is keen on new technology, fast learner, and able to adapt and work effectively in fast paced development environment. Every engineer on the team is expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously, able to work collaboratively with others, participate feature design discussions, and able to write and execute manual and automated tests, and able to analyze customer reported defects in an effective manner.
- - Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- - Strong knowledge of iOS and MacOS
- - Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- - Strong experience in designing effective test plans, test cases, and reporting bugs of complex features
- - Experience of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams
- - Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - Experience with Python, Swift, and other scripting skills a plus
- - Automation experience is highly desired
This is a very hands-on position leading projects, design comprehensive test plans / test cases, and perform documented and ad-hoc testing. You will be working closely with multiple cross functional teams to ensure that product that we release is in highest quality. Other key responsibilities include defect validation and reporting, working with cross functional teams to identify and address blocker issues, and work closely with automation engineers to design comprehensive automated test suites to reduce product regressions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.