Experience Designer, AR/VR, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Our Experience Designers of AR/VR work with teams of designers, writers, and technologists to articulate user experiences across a multitude of Apple’s digital touch points. They are responsible for designing UX solutions for interactive AR/VR experiences and products based on customer insights and business requirements via user journeys, wireframes, and prototypes. They are able to iterate rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change, bringing new ideas to the table as well as collaborating effectively with copywriters, art directors, developers and cross functional teams to develop future products.
- Proven experience of at least 7 years in design, including visual, UI, AR/VR, and interaction design experience.
- You have a strong understanding of user experience design principles and systematic design rationale, 3D interactive development experience, knowledge of prototyping tools like Unity or Unreal, and extraordinary attention to detail.
- You have the ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- You have extraordinary interpersonal skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
- You prototype preferred states, motion, and/or behaviors for interactive concepts is a plus
- Your portfolio includes interactive 3D AR/VR experiences or prototypes and shows applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, content strategy, and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking.
- You dream of working in a creative and dynamic environment.
As Experience Designers with an AR/VR focus, we create dynamic designs that adhere to principles in established creative direction, fluid templates, and Apple standards. We collaborate with Art Directors, Designers, and the larger team to explore user flows and iterate on interactive and AR/VR experience prototypes. We are responsible for the overall experience design for creative reviews by outputting documentation and presentation materials.
Education & Experience
A Bachelors Degree in UX, Digital Media, or equivalent industry experience is preferred.