Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation cloud platform to support internet services across Apple. Our software provides storage at massive scale and with highest reliability to product teams at Apple. We are looking for a world-class Software Engineer with experience in developing large scale services and infrastructure.
- A track-record and proven experience as a distributed systems software developer.
- Deep knowledge of non-blocking (asynchronous) and thread-safe programming, ideally in Java.
- Experience or strong desire to learn building, launching and operating very large-scale production internet services.
- Understanding of database systems and distributed consistency algorithms a plus.
- Knowledge of continuous integration, testing methodologies, TDD development methodologies.
- Understanding of file system handling on Linux a plus.
- Understanding of C++ libraries and JNI integration a plus.
- Some exposure to structured or unstructured storage and caching.
We are building a distributed, ordered key-value database to support critical infrastructural systems and frameworks. These form the platform upon which many iCloud and other backend systems at Apple are built. The team is responsible for the next generation platform that will power Apple’s infrastructural services. The database will have huge scale and store petabytes of data. We are looking for a strong, enthusiastic developer to join as a member of this group. This person will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction the backend of many critical Apple internet services take for years to come. You are someone with ideas and real passion for software delivered as a service to improve reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. This engineer’s work will affect hundreds of millions of users and be essential to the success of some of the most visible current and future Apple features. Responsibilities will include: * Design, build and maintain software & services to improve the feature set, availability, scalability and security of Apple's internal cloud infrastructure. * Use proven testing methodology to assure system stability and performance.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.