Data Pipelines Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products and customer experiences. If you are a self-motivated, passionate individual who is not afraid of challenges, we're looking for you. Apple is seeking a senior Data Pipelines Manager to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and other services. This role will drive data operations, data integrity, and data lineage for large-scale data science and machine learning insights and products across numerous AMP products, services, and customer touchpoints. The team's culture centers around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, content, business, and marketing partners. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks. AMP Data Science collaborates with executives and various partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: Our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through in-depth quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and others.
- Proven experience in managing data operations or engineering teams, preferably in a digital media or subscription business.
- Strong hands-on experience in ensuring data operations for large-scale data science and machine learning results.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data pipeline design covering database technologies, ETL, aggregation, code management, query performance optimization, peer review, and productionalization.
- Experience in measuring and ensuring data integrity and data lineage of large-scale data science and machine learning deliverables.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred
- Proven track record to work with executive-level partners, peers, and individual contributors across a range of functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strategic approach with an aptitude to condense complex concepts and analysis into meaningful improvements that will propel Apple's digital media businesses.
Lead AMP Data Pipelines Team by driving data operations, data integrity, and data lineage. Oversee, recruit, and develop a diverse team of high-performing data engineers, data architects, and data scientists focused on diving deep into large-scale data. Craft how best to monitor, measure, and understand the delivery of data insights to Apple's executive. Generate regular presentations for C-level as well as reports for key business owners. Own and deliver against a prioritized multi-year roadmap for data operations, data integrity, and data lineage. Increase internal adoption of self-service methods and techniques for data operations, data integrity, and data lineage. Work cross-functionally to deliver essential strategic programs and partnerships that align with business priorities. Strong out-of-the-box thinking, curious business and technical mindset, and an ability to drive action
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or Ph.D. in a related field.