Maps Data Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. You’ll be proud. The Apple Maps Data team is looking for talented backend engineers for building a Maps data visualization and analytics platform to dynamically visualize and critique geo-spatial data. You will work with a team of senior engineers that have comprehensive knowledge and creative ideas. We are looking for great teammates that are creative problem solvers, able to tackle problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver solutions.
- Build a scalable and performant system to visualize and analyze maps data
- Build clients and APIs for users to consume data in batch and streaming modes
- Deliver rich features to support the requirements of multiple teams
- Maintain libraries to access data across different paradigms
- Maintain and expand the platform language
- Communicate frequently with external teams
- Key Qualifications:
- Solid computer science background ( data structure, software engineering, algorithms)
- 7+ years Object-oriented/functional programming and design skills, preferably in Java
- 5+ years of industry software engineering experience architecting and implementing scalable data platforms
- Deep proficiency with Big Data processing technologies (Spark, MapReduce)
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter mentality with desire to continuously improve system and its components
- Comfortable approaching unknowns with an open mindset
The Maps data visualization and analysis platform is used by a wide variety of teams within Apple Maps Data to envision the impact of large data sets. A stable, scalable and powerful platform with rich functionality is crucial to see, understand, analyze and verify maps data. This is a challenging role as you will deal with an enormous amount of geo-spatial data, supporting cross team projects throughout the organization.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or higher
- Preferred Qualifications:
- - Application development experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- - Working knowledge in a scripting language such as Python
- - Working knowledge of map data
- - Geo-spatial experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace