Senior software engineer - Maps Vector Display Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are seeking an extraordinary coder to work on the server side of vector map display. An ideal position for a strong generalist, you’ll have exposure to a rich variety of topics including computational geometry, graph algorithms, map-reduce, analytics, data compression, client-server protocols, and computer graphics. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you
- You have solid experience with at least one of Scala, Java, or C++.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with computational geometry (from maps, games, graphics, simulation, etc).
- Experience working on large, dynamic projects with cross-functional teams.
Apple Maps is collecting more and more data and we’re excited to use it to enable new features. Join our server-side vector map display team and help make it happen! Your work will merge art and science, mixing computational geometry, graph algorithms, computer graphics, distributed computing, cartography, and data compression. The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, but with a work-life balance. You’ll write robust and performant software that scales to run on an entire world’s worth of information to produce data that will be seen and used by millions of people every day.
Education & Experience
MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with distributed computing (Apache Spark or Hadoop).
- Experience with digital mapping technologies.