UX/UI Designer, Retail Employee Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Retail is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join our team of designers who build the apps and tools that enable retail store employees to deliver phenomenal customer experiences. This is a hands-on UX/UI design role and requires an individual who has a passion for tackling complex problems by crafting sophisticated, simple, intuitive design solutions!
- You bring 2+ years’ experience as a UX/UI designer.
- You have a portfolio of work that includes iOS and Mac OS apps.
- You clearly communicate concepts and design solutions through sketches, wireframes, detailed designs and prototypes.
- You are a flexible and fast learner with a track record delivering solid work in a fast-paced work environment.
- You thrive working in a team environment and are motivated by feedback from designers, users and cross-functional partners.
- You demonstrate fluency with design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Flinto, and Principle.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent and you have the ability to expertly present work to team members.
- You bring a genuine passion for Apple, its products, and its customers.
• We design and prototype apps and features across the entire ecosystem of apps used by Apple Retail store employees. • We craft elegant and comprehensive UX documentation and design artifacts including app maps, flows, detailed comps and design specs. • We value analytics, research, and usability testing to inform simple and institutive app flows and interfaces. • We work with Product Management, Operations, and Engineering to build best-in-class creative executions; develop trust quickly with partners. • We refine and update content to respond to feedback from users and cross-functional team members. • You'll present in-progress and final designs to team members and partners, capturing feedback and building consensus around feature behavior. • We ensure that the design intent is maintained throughout development phase by working closely with engineering teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Creative portfolio that showcases your work including UX documents, sitemaps, flows, and wireframes and demonstrate how you apply knowledge of usability, user-centered design, content strategy and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking.
- Occasional domestic and international travel to Apple stores and contact centers is one of the most exciting aspects of this job.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.