Apple Media Products Engineering, DSCE Metadata
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- At least 5 years experience in a professional programming position with Java and similar languages.
- Strong development skills in Scala
- Experience working with Spark and ETL processes
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of database systems (SQL, NOSQL, Solr, etc.) and domain modeling techniques.
- Experience with queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and asynchronous event handling
- Deep understanding of different encoding formats and their applicability for data at rest and across the wire (e.g. avro, xml, json, parquet, etc)
- You enjoy fixing/improving things and finding solutions to difficult problems.
- Strong belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
As a member of our diverse team you will be working on dynamic applications and data pipelines that directly support features in Apple Music and Apple Books, that is exciting work! You will be a self starting, results-oriented individual who is not afraid to question assumptions. You will have excellent written and oral skills. You will have the ability to effectively work and communicate technical concepts with all levels of an organization including corporate CTOs, CIOs and Developers. You should have several years of experience developing server-side software using Java/Scala and preferably have experience working with Spark data pipelines. You live and breath automation, and believe in continuous improvement. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.