DevOps Engineer - Apple Pay
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is transforming the industry in payments, transit and identity, and we’re aggressively focusing on the customer’s digital wallet experience. Our scale and security demands create unique opportunities for innovative and creative solutions which contribute to millions of customer’s daily interactions.
- 5+ years of overall IT experience
- Support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance
- Experience with code repositories (Git) and continuous integration tools (e.g., TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven or Gradle)
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality
- Continually improve CI/CD tools, processes and procedures
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef…been there and done that. You know where each are strong and weak.
- Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm… yup, you’ve seen it all.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re proficient in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc).
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to configure and tune Cassandra, Solr, Elastic, Memcache, Redis clusters
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus
The Apple Pay team is looking for DevOps "dev to prod" engineers to support our rapid growth and produce quality; primary internal customers will be the development, quality assurance and build and release teams. This new role will be a key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay with broad impact across product and customer experiences. Job duties include the following: - Gather requirements, build infrastructure and tooling to support Apple Pay product initiatives. - Be a conduit for technical expertise in liaising with Apple Pay partners. - Provide technical mentorship, troubleshooting expertise, and architectural insight to development, quality, and site reliability teams. - Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives. - Build applications and tools to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of products. - Scale existing technologies (or promote new technologies) to out-pace current growth projections. - Evangelize next generation cloud and DevOps products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition.