Legal Counsel - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and practical product attorney to support Apple’s World Wide Developer Relations program and its Developer Tools, Software, and Platforms teams.
- 4-7+ years of relevant legal experience advising on software, intellectual property, privacy, and technology-related issues. Background in software programming or computer science is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to analyze problems and come up with practical, workable solutions.
- Enjoys building strong client relationships and works well with cross-functional teams at all levels – engineers, senior management and execs alike.
- Experience with internet services, software, privacy, consumer protection, licensing, international legal and regulatory compliance, and intellectual property law.
- Significant experience in negotiating and drafting technology agreements, with strong licensing and transactions background preferred.
- Best suited for a self-starter who is curious, embraces technology and thrives in a dynamic environment.
Primary responsibilities include advising the World Wide Developer Relations team on a wide variety of issues related to App Store developers, software tools for developers to build apps, and platforms for distributing and managing app-based businesses. You will collaborate with other legal groups and cross-functional business and engineering teams to strategize on, draft, and negotiate complex software licenses, development agreements, platform and program terms, and other commercial agreements. The candidate will need to both work well as part of a close-knit local team while also working with remote teams based around the world.
Education & Experience
Requires a JD degree, excellent academic credentials and admission to at least one state bar.