Apple Media Products Engineering - Senior Software Engineer, Big Data
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- At least 8+ years experience in crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend systems and web services.
- In-depth Java programming experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in data management and automation on Spark, Hadoop, and HDFS environments, as well as event stream processing with Kafka.
- Experience with container management platforms like Kubernetes.
- Hands-on technical experience with big data systems and techniques.
- Deep understanding, and strong hands on experience - Multithreading, Networking (including non-blocking IO), HTTP and REST APIs.
- Confidence with SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
- Passion and prior experience designing and implementing outstanding large distributed systems.
- Be an advocate and driver for performance optimization, automation, and unit tests.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Tireless attention to detail.
The Apple Media Products organization’s Digital Supply Chain Engineering team is looking for a Senior Developer, Big Data to design and implement our next-generation big data solutions for the systems that manage the digital content behind the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, and more. You’ll collaborate with other data experts in our teams to define our data strategy, and establish best practices. You’ll implement common big data solutions for the benefit of the rest of our development community, and support downstream utilization of our data in analytics and reporting. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a self-motivated, high-energy individual with excellent communication skills who is willing to question assumptions, take end to end ownership of features and drive them to completion. You should have experience developing large-scale server-side systems using object-oriented languages. Some successful attributes include: Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test features for the data platform. Maintain and improve existing applications in response to new feature requests. Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the release cycle. We're a team of consummate tech geeks who love figuring out how things work and trying to make them better. Sometimes it's a little tweak, sometimes it's a fundamental shift - usually it's somewhere in between. We brainstorm on whiteboards, share ideas at team lunches and pot-lucks, build prototypes, present proposals to teams, embed for a while to help them get started, check the metrics, and repeat!
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.