Consumer Account Executive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products—they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team is, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. As a Consumer Account Executive, you will collaborate with our partners to define opportunities and develop growth plans resulting in delivering a phenomenal customer experience and expanded adoption of the Apple ecosystem!
- You bring 8+ years of validated experience as a sales Account Executive managing smartphone sales, consumer offers, carrier and national retailer account management.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organization. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyze the market and think beyond the short-term.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique—but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. As a go to person with leadership, you are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and be responsible for the hard calls with minimal noise. You face conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to give to your team. You enjoy a collaborative environment with open dialogue and debate. You empower your teammates to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you are eager to step up to the plate and bring your knowledge to the table.
- You strive for perfection in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and continue to persevere, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities—with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, persistently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- No matter the audience, you are a specialist at communicating. And, you’re cool under pressure. You make the sophisticated simple and you command an audience by bringing them along for the journey. You empower others to learn, to be curious and ultimately, share your passion for the Apple story. When challenged with complex questions, you share your deep knowledge of how our hardware, software and services integrate.
- Apple and third party solutions seek sophisticated business problems in simple and innovative ways. You build driven and breakthrough strategies that truly craft the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not crucial and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
In this role, you will: Grow the business with partners who resell Apple products, driving towards a sales target. Build deep relationships, negotiate programs, and develop capabilities to achieve an extraordinary physical and digital end-customer experience with results that benefit Apple and our partners. Demonstrate a deep understanding of market trends and the US Consumer channel and develop comprehensive account plans that both align with our partners’ strategies and expand Apple's footprint. Work with internal and external partners to develop new and exciting growth opportunities, drive relevant market activities and ultimately ensure sales through our partners. Supervise key performance indicators that support growth and enable forecasts on the overall health of our account plans.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience in consultative selling and developing channel growth strategies with partners. In your experience, you’ve balanced delivering on short-term goals, while building sustainable value for customers and partners, and demand for the future.