AI/ML - Engineering Operations Program Manger, Siri Annotation Operations
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is fast becoming the best way to get things done by talking to our personal devices. Hundreds of millions of people now use Siri to send a message, play their favourite song, or even take a selfie. Our Annotation Operations team help Siri to be an inclusive experience for all users. This role will oversee Siri machine learning projects focused on internationalization and core language support. This is a multi-functional role working with other teams across the globe on a range of Siri related projects, helping to define data specifications, developing and optimizing local processes, managing third party vendor relationships, tracking production progress, performing data analysis and root cause analysis.
- Vendor management experience providing oversight to large teams in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Experience with data annotation and data creation for machine learned technologies
- Aware of local & regional regulations applicable to vendor management
- Experience in data quality issue tracking and resolution activities end to end (impact analysis, root cause analysis, data analysis etc.)
- Consistent focus on training and improving existing processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work in a self-directed environment and ability to present to senior management.
- Experienced in a leadership function building, leading and motivating a team.
- English fluency, plus fluency in at least one additional language is required
We are looking for a proven project and people manager who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You will plan and track delivery timelines, provide technical expertise and leadership throughout a data request life cycle to ensure the final dataset meets the customer’s quality expectations. You will deliver weekly annotation productivity and accuracy reports and handle project resource management, including planning and on-boarding schedules. You will collaborate with the local language engineering teams and data annotators to deliver high quality data to help build and improve language models. You will oversee local project operational responsibilities including workflow management, process improvement and operations health review, as well as track quality assurance status and training needs. You will engage with Customers to clarify quality and data requirements, discuss edge cases and receive early quality feedback for new annotation types. You will identify potential areas of tools and process improvements with impact analysis, scope clear requirements and work with responsible DRIs to test these approaches before deploying them in production.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace