Firmware Engineering Manager - AirPods
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Audio Products Firmware team is looking for an energetic manager to join our team. In this role you will lead the technical development of the audio platform for our products. You will have the opportunity to drive the technology and product development for Apple's consumer audio products.
- 5+ years of proven excellence in firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years leading an embedded software or firmware development team
- Knowledge of audio and DSP technologies is preferred
- Expertise and proficiency in C
- Passion for product ownership and track record of product development
- Able to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
This is a high visibility job that involves leading the activities of the audio platform, and you will be responsible for providing the technical and managerial leadership of this platform. This platform is a key technology that integrates and manages the data and system states for our products. We are seeking someone who is passionate about our products and is interested in improving the quality, innovation and predictability of our deliverables. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. Excellent communication and collaboration is a must, as you will be asked to partner with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: - Drive the current and future firmware architecture for your team’s deliverables - Manage and review your team’s code deliverables - Outline requirements & document feature specs - Collaborate closely with our cross-functional partners - Coordinate with your engineering team and the program management team technical updates - Make strategic technical product decisions that positively affect the engineering team’s ability to deliver embedded technologies - Provide employees career-development opportunities and maintain an ongoing constructive feedback loop with them Inspire innovation and technical growth in your employees through hands-on mentoring and encouragement
Education & Experience
- BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.