Engineering Project Manager, CoreOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Core OS organization is looking for an experienced program manager to lead highly cross-functional technology efforts across all of Apple’s operating systems (macOS, iOS, watchOS & tvOS). This is an opportunity to drive key software initiatives integrating them with hardware roadmaps. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and technical skills who works well in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- At least 5 years of program or project management in software development
- Driving multi-functional efforts across major technical fields: SW, HW, Silicon, and QA
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to engineers, managers, and executives
- Identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, and facilitating resolutions
- Sound technical foundation and a highly motivated self-starter
- Knowledge of software engineering standard methodologies and related dependencies
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
•. We are looking for someone to drive, own, and ship all aspects of large, multi-functional efforts and feature areas •. Partner with engineering teams throughout feature development from architecture, design, implementation, and validation •. Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues •. Present and communicate new feature initiatives, top issues, risks, critical achievements to executive leadership •. Own the roadmap, priorities, prioritization, timelines, for technologies • Help the team with ongoing improvements to the program management processes •. Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, Operations, and Marketing teams
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred.