Visual Merchandising Programs Project Manager 3D
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Merchandising is a crucial part of our customer experience, showcasing our Hero products, Services and Accessories through the best product displays and demos. Visual Merchandising Programs (VMP) is responsible for the development and delivery of these displays through partnership with our cross-functional and store teams providing our customers a best-in-class experience worldwide.
- Proven experience with process development, project management, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Drive for innovation and experience leading planning and project management initiatives.
- Supply Chain Management, vendor management or creative/product development experience.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while simultaneously operating at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Possess the ability to balance short-term execution needs with long-term strategic goals.
- Experience in collaborating with internal partners to achieve goals. Proven ability to influence, build rapport and credibility across multiple teams.
- Self-motivated and independent, comfortable working during intense periods under tight deadlines.
- Ability to interface independently with vendors and cross-functional teams. Comfort presenting to senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong aesthetic, visual design and presentation skills. Excel and Keynote proficiency required.
- 7-10 years prior merchandising, production/product development, or project management experience required.
Act as a point of expertise, integration and accountability for all seasonal 3D initiatives. Support our merchandising strategy, drive the creation, development, and in-store implementation across all Apple Retail stores ensuring worldwide feasibility, through a deep understanding of our customer journey, store operations, and unique store requirements. Based in Cupertino, this role will be responsible for the ideation of creative briefs, alignment with cross-functional partners, development of concepts and prototypes, budget management and vendor logistics. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Brief Management: Create, manage, and develop all seasonal Merchandising-driven visual elements briefs for worldwide Retail stores. Manage the brief content, timeline of milestones, creative development, prototyping budgets, and implementation of elements. Communicate strategy and scope on a regular basis to leadership and partner teams. Budget Planning & Management: Oversee process for annual visual merchandising budget. Partner with Finance on weekly basis to review targets vs. actuals, and evolve XF collaboration. Vendor Management: Work with vendors to forecast element needs, run BOMs, track lead-times, and drive process improvements. Maintain visual elements forecasts and distribution lists, and align with Finance on the PO process. Conduct quarterly / annual business reviews with key vendors. Operations: Support new store opening and new country opening readiness and process improvement. Manage element forecasts and deliver in-store implementation of worldwide visuals. Store Readiness: Maintain element distribution lists and store records. Improve tools and innovate systems for more efficient, secure and scalable solutions. Field Support: In partnership with Field Merchandising and Geo, build first-in-class merchandising set-up guides. Evolve guides based on store feedback and findings. Handle FAQs and Escalators. Issue comprehensive store communications and participate in alignment meetings. Participate in overnight merchandising sets in stores, as well as regular store visits.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or industry equivalent experience.