Hardware Engineering Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Our Engineering Team is responsible for architecting, specifying, and realizing advanced electromechanical test and automation apparatus. You will be a key technical contributor and will utilize your indepth electrical engineering skills to help realize state of the art test apparatus to enable the next generation test systems.
- 2+ years of experience in electrical, applied physics.
- 2+ year in electronic circuit testing and qualification.
- Deep understanding of EE test equipment and use and appropriate application. (Oscilloscopes, meters, data-loggers, power supplies, etc.)
- Some electronics design experience preferred with ability to review and understand schematics and electronic board layout designs
- Experience with portable consumer electronic products or batteries
- Background in Battery Management Systems hardware is a plus but not a requirement
- Familiarity with battery cycle test equipment is desired.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and curious spirit
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Have a previous track record of success conducting tests - should also be able to process and summarize data.
- Experienced in a lab setting, bringing a can-do attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and test data.
- Experience with data analysis and s/w tools is preferred
-Execution of testing following detailed test procedures, preparing and documenting test results with < 0.1% error. -Running complex test setups on pack and BMU in a timely manner using high accuracy test equipment. -Troubleshooting equipment and sample issues, maintaining and solving test equipment problems as needed. -Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries packs.
Education & Experience
AS/BS in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related