Photonics Process Engineer - Exploratory Design Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day! Apple's Exploratory Design Group is looking for a silicon fabrication engineer focusing on the processing of silicon photonics devices. This person will be responsible for the development of new processes for photonics devices, from the initial design, through fabrication, monitoring and ensuring the final devices met the specifications, including driving exploratory process DOEs and data analysis throughout. This person will also play an important role as an internal process expert helping to integrate the key learnings, and working with designers to create the next generation photonics devices.
- Solid background with silicon fabrication and silicon photonics in particular; III-V experience is beneficial
- Strong data analysis and software skills, e.g. Python, Matlab, JMP
- Understanding of materials characterization and FA techniques
- Previous experience in process integration and monitoring, working with external vendors
- Ability to identify process risks, and design process DOEs to mitigate
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work with a team with diverse backgrounds and explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Work with the design team to create and implement new process flows, trading off complexity, performance, and implementation feasibility - Analyze and interpret inline process metrology and identifying measurement gaps - Analyze root cause for failure modes with structured approach and provide corrective actions - Participate in the data analysis and necessary statistical analysis for performance assessment, yield analysis - Scientific reporting of the full process
Education & Experience
Master in EE/physics with fabrication background (3+ years of experience) or PhD in physics, electrical/materials/optical engineering with fabrication experience. Preference for photonics experience.