Apple Support College Program - University of Texas Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple has always done things differently, including customer support. We expect everything from an Advisor that our customers do and we want Apple to be a reflection of the world around us. Here, you'll make a difference, one conversation at a time. You're a problem-solver and easily connect with customers. You exceed their expectations with your guidance, knowledge, and real passion for technology. You're enamored by the ways things operate, and have the ability to find dynamic solutions to complex problems. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can effectively prioritize and balance your time. You can multitask across systems and applications, work to resolve a variety of issues, and easily navigate a technical environment. You effortlessly engage, explaining step-by-step solutions with compassionate understanding and an approach tailored to each individual customer. You're dedicated to not only providing solutions, but also to crafting incredible customer experiences. If this sounds like you, you could be the next Apple Support College Advisor.
- Real passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Potential for tailoring communication and style to differing audiences
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Teamwork mentality with aptitude for sharing expertise and appreciating feedback
- Effective time management including ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to research and grasp technical information across multiple tools while talking with customers
- iOS, Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac experience
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and an eagerness to learn while accepting new challenges
As an Apple Support Advisor, you'll support many of our popular products, from iPhones to iPads to MacBooks to desktop Macs. As our customers' first point of contact, you'll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing extraordinary customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support. We'll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical knowledge, creativity, and passion to meet their needs. Your interaction will remind them that behind our great products are amazing people. We believe our individual backgrounds, perspectives, and passions help us create the ideas that move all of us forward. Not sure if you have it all? Trust us. We'll train you to be the best. This position comes with competitive pay, eligibility to participate in our company stock plan, paid time off, employee product discounts, and dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and career development. You may even qualify for tuition reimbursement.
Education & Experience
Students must be enrolled at a participating university 2.7 GPA preferred
- Ability to work from an Apple campus in Austin, TX or Sacramento, CA. This is not an At Home position.
- Availability to attend approximately 6-9 weeks of required training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends (Training may be either 24 or 40 hours per week depending on hire date)
- Capacity to work three week days between the hours of 4:00 p.m CST and 10:30 p.m. CST, including weekends and holidays between the hours of 7:00 a.m and 10:30 p.m CST, with the possibility to flex up or down hours depending upon business needs
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and background check
- Successfully complete initial training
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM while in conversation with customers