Design Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day! We are looking for a Photonic layout and design automation engineer, who will help us at developing tools and automated flows, which accelerate our development cycle. The candidate is required to be strong in coding and have exposure to Layout and Verification automation. Experience in photonics and/or electronics circuit simulations is a plus. Specifically, we are interested in someone who has been through tape out flows and understands industry-standard design verification techniques and Photonic circuit level simulations. Experience with custom Process Design Kit (PDK) platform development is required. While Silicon Photonics prior experience is a plus but not required, the desire to learn is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in most of the following:
- Minimum 3 yrs experience with design automation, scripting/developing software in Python, Matlab, Perl.
- Scripted Layout
- Strong coding skills in Python, Perl, Matlab, and shell scripting
- Circuit functional verification infrastructure development (PDK)
- Familiarity with circuit & physical verification tools
- Experience with Mentor EDA, Calibre, and circuit and layout tools is required.
- Experience with GIT or other version control & collaboration environments.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting is desired.
- Create scripts that perform complex design check functions on Layout. - Interpret and accurately translate design rules (DRC) and other automated checks into a Calibre SVRF scripted deck. - Improve software development best practices, such as development of physical verification scripts and infrastructure. - Work closely with process, device design modeling, layout, and metrology engineers to support PDK development and establish efficient routines for integration of the various project phases. - Develop application programming interfaces between various simulation, layout/design and EDA tools.
Education & Experience
BSc or MSc in Electrical, Computer Science or Photonics Engineering.