Market Research Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
The AppleCare Digital Support team is looking for an established market research specialist with significant B2C and/or B2B industry experience to lead research studies and contribute to success of AppleCare Digital customer support experiences. The team conducts studies across a wide variety of topics globally! AppleCare has a tremendous reach across Apple’s customers, and we are seeking to better understand their needs, expectations, preferences! The person in this position will work to help identify business questions, determine the best research methodologies to generate impactful insights, and carry out that research in-house and by working with vendors.
- 7+ years of proven experience in a research role with a strong record of business impact. Experience on client or vendor side; experience on both sides is preferred.End-to-end management of research studies, including A&U, tracking studies (e.g., brand, ads, NPS, trends), positioning and messaging, pricing, concept testing, product development, loyalty/churn, user experience
- Strong expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and when to apply which techniques
- First-hand experience in survey design and data analyses.
- Direct experience with advanced methodologies and ability to identify the best option within each, including conjoint (CBC, ACBC, menu-based, MaxDiff) , segmentation (k-means, Latent Class, TwoStep cluster analysis), PCA, A/B testing, among others
- Experience with qualitative techniques (e.g., ethnography, mobile ethnography and diaries, online boards, moderated and un-moderated usability testing, shopper/event intercepts)
- Experience in conducting research internationally. Ability to recommend research approaches based on unique market research infrastructure and cultural dynamics.
- Familiarity with secondary resources from companies like Forrester, Gartner
- Collaboration skills to work across a team of designers, program managers, data scientists, to research and inform design and development of self-service customer service experiences
- Communication skills to distill insights from research and communicate them clearly and persuasively across different audiences
- Ability to collaborate with quantitative analytics professionals to build a complete understanding of customers’ behaviors
- Experience with survey tools (e.g., Qualtrics) and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
The role involves working with designers, program managers, content producers, writers and strategists to determine business questions and translate them into impactful research plans and methodologies. Leading research projects and supervising all aspects of projects in-house as well as with research vendors, which include but are not limited to surveys and interview guides design, data analysis, development of effective reports, and proactively find opportunities to combine survey with other data sources for a deep understanding customer preferences and behaviors. Imperative part of the position is the ability to develop insights and build effective communications to impact insights adoption as well as build effective relationships with colleagues and business partners. Proven ability to readily flex hands-on research expertise (e.g., survey development, programming, analyses, and reporting) with critical thinking.
Education & Experience
M.A. or Ph.D. (preferred) in social sciences or related fields