Supply/Demand Planner (AppleCare Logistics)
Sacramento, California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Inventory control management or logistics experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage change and promote continuous improvement
- ERP knowledge preferred, SAP knowledge a plus; Expert knowledge of Business Objects
- Extreme attention to detail; thorough when investigating and resolving inventory stock balance problems and other issues affecting inventory
- Ability to translate data measurements into insights and strategic plans.
- Proven to possess exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used inventory control concepts, practices, and procedures
- Effective communicator; seasoned problem-solver.
- Able to excel within a team environment but willing to take the initiative when required.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
Analyze inventory levels, generate reports and distribute to senior management. Analyze daily production output against forecast and make recommendations for improvements. Analyze inventory discrepancies, understand root cause and offer and corrective action plan. Conduct comprehensive data analysis and generate detailed reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis Ensure security and accountability of inventory through transaction documentation, process and procedure verification, and system review. Support cycle count audits of the Service Operations entire inventory on a regular basis and provides reports to management. Communicate key measures and action items clearly and effectively to all relevant departments and distribution centers. Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Partner with other teams including Test & Repair operations, Shipping & Receiving operations, Corporate Engineering teams, & Corporate Materials and Procurement teams. Train other employees in cycle counting and inventory control processes and procedures. Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures while developing and implementing process improvement initiatives. Partner with Test & Repair Ops, Planning, Inbound / Outbound Logistics, Engineering, 3PL Distribution Centers, and Corporate Planners & Buyers in the development of effective inventory control strategies
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred.
- Available and willing to work flexible hours if required