Technical Writer - Claris
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The team at Claris, Inc., is searching for a Technical Writer who is eager to work in a fast-paced, complex environment. Claris is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Apple and the leader in the workspace innovation platform space. We have an established product line and more than a million active users globally across SMBs and the Fortune 500. We are advancing existing technologies and developing new and exciting products. You will be developing information for Mac, Windows, and Linux products. Come join our tight-knit team and work with great engineers and designers to deliver a great user experience, including documentation.
- 5 years as a technical writer/information developer
- Working knowledge of Git (at minimum, source control)
- Good knowledge of HTML authoring
- Participation in Agile scrums and sprints
- Experience with Claris products is a strong plus
- Experience with wikis and Jira strongly preferred
- Experience with MadCap Flare preferred
- Basic knowledge of REST APIs is a plus
- Editing and style guide experience is also a plus
Technical writers at Claris work closely in cross-functional teams to develop product documentation, including Help, guides, and release notes. You will write for a variety of users, ranging from app users to administrators to "low code" developers. You'll also contribute heavily to the UI, authoring strings and messages and working with the user experience team. You must have experience working through the documentation life cycle, from start to review to release. Experience with the localization process is desirable.
Education & Experience
Prefer: BA or BS in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Computer Science, or the equivalent