CAD Engineer - DFT
Austin, Texas, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges and intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions! Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this hands-on role, you will utilize your experience in CAD to support DFT flows. You will write and support software and scripts that teams use to insert BIST/BIRA into designs, verify those systems, and manage test patterns.
- 5+ years experience in relevant field preferred but not required.
- Expertise in RTL simulators is desired
- Expertise in linting, clock domain crossing, and power domain checking tools is desired.
- Expertise scripting in PERL, TCL, or Python
- Good interpersonal skills, previous customer support is a key.
- Expertise in Design Compiler is desired
- Expertise in Formality and/or Conformal is desired
- Expertise in UPF is desired
- Experience with infrastructure and CI/CD automation tools is a plus
- Knowledge of ATE bringup process and test program management is desired
You will be responsible for: Developing and maintaining an existing system for BIST insertion and DFT structure verification. Developing and maintaining existing automation and infrastructure for Product/Test Engineering and Silicon Validation teams. Working together with other CAD engineers to integrate your solutions in other flows. Utilizing your debugging experience to debug vendor tool problems and interacting with designers to help tackle their problems.
Education & Experience
MS/BS Degree in technical field