Embedded Sensor Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is well known for its innovative products and its pure dedication to customer-oriented features that “just work”. Behind its success, Apple amasses top engineering talents to develop world-class hardware and software solutions that work amazingly well together. At the heart of Apple’s Software organization, the Core OS team is responsible for the design and development of core technologies that are deployed across all Apple product areas including the iPhone, iPad, Watch, MacBook, iMac, and Apple TV (Yes, that’s pretty much everything!). One such fast growing technology is Sensor, which adds the notion of senses to an array of already highly intelligent devices. We are looking for top embedded software engineers in this area.
- A genuine interest in embedded software development
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.
- A very good understanding of system architecture in an embedded environment
- Solid C or C++ coding skills. Familiarity with Assembly preferred
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Solid Hardware and Software debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We are looking for top embedded software engineers in the area of core sensor technologies. By integrating motion, optical, and other advanced sensing hardware to Apple’s products, we are now able to create innovative features that are truly adaptive to the user and the environment. This can be a rewarding career as you will have the ability to impact the user experience of millions of Apple users.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills