Motor Controls Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Team (SPG) is seeking an motor controls engineer to work on motor controls algorithm design. The candidate will be responsible for designing various control algorithms to deliver high quality systems.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in motor controls algorithm design and development
- Strong knowledge and experience in motor control systems and algorithm design
- Knowledge and experience in failure (fault) analysis methodologies - FMEA, FTA, etc
- Knowledge and experience in basic electric circuits
- Knowledge and experience in implementing embedded software using C / C++
- Hands-on experience in using simulation tools - MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, PSIM, etc
- Knowledge on the classical control theory and applications
- Experience in developing and/or using Hardware-In-the-Loop Simulation (HILS) systems is a plus
- Experience in model-based design is a plus
Develop motor control algorithms for various applications. Work with software engineering team to implement the control algorithm in the embedded systems. Work with hardware engineering teams to improve and to optimize the design, and to verify the hardware functionalities. Test and verify the functionalities and performances of the motor control algorithms in laboratory set-ups and field environments. Document the algorithm description, test procedure and results. Generate requirements on the motor control systems. Generate simulation models and/or improve the existing simulation models to be used in the integrated simulation environments.
Education & Experience
Minimum MS in EE/ME focusing on motor controls, power electronics (> 10 years of industry experience) PhD in EE/ME focusing on motor controls, power electronics (> 7 years of industry experience)