Motor Controls Integration and Calibration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking an EE/Controls/Test engineer to work on a module level motor controls system integration. The candidate will be responsible for the integration of hardware, software, and motor controls algorithm and for the calibration to meet the performance requirements.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in motor controls integration and calibration
- Knowledge and experience in power electronics systems and motor controls including AC/ DC, DC/AC, DC/DC converters
- Knowledge and experience in failure (fault) analysis methodologies - FMEA, FTA, etc
- Knowledge and experience in basic electric circuits
- Knowledge of the classic control theory and embedded systems, ability to understand the software architecture and code is a plus
- Experience in using simulation and Hardware-In-the-Loop Simulation (HILS) including MATLAB/Simulink, PLECS, dSPACE, NI is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in test automation using NI LabView, Python, and other languages / tools is a plus
Generate test plans including test cases, test procedures when a new hardware and/or new software are developed. Perform motor controls regression tests to release the controls calibration and software. Verify the functionalities and performances of the motor controls systems in laboratory set- up and in field environments. Work with hardware, software, and controls algorithm engineers to identify root cause(s) and to troubleshoot the field issues. Work with the test facility team to set up the test benches. Perform calibration tests for the motor controls algorithms to improve the performances and to meet the requirements. Document the calibration procedure and results, test cases, test procedures, and test results.
Education & Experience
MS in EE/ME focusing on power electronics / motor controls preferred