Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Ecosystem Tools team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to help us ensure the quality of our tools used for analysis and certification of a wide variety of communication protocols, including HomeKit, CarPlay, AirPlay 2, GymKit, and more. We develop macOS and iOS apps used by Apple engineers and third party manufacturers to debug and certify their devices and accessories. We work closely with the development of protocol specifications as well as their certification procedures. Come join our team!
- Experience in modern scripting or compiled languages (Swift, Objective-C)
- Building automation test suites, libraries, and test harnesses
- Strong understanding of test automation fundamentals
- Experience configuring CI/CD systems
- Experience with Software Quality Assurance methodologies (Functional, Stress, Acceptance, Validation)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
This position requires software test development experience. You will be working with the development and QA teams to design and implement test/automation software used to qualify new features and perform regression testing. With a strong sense of teamwork and continuous improvement, you will strive for improved quality in our tools by demonstrating, teaching, and sharing your ideas and experience with the team. Along the way, you will build knowledge of our products and continue to develop libraries and tests to ensure we ship the highest quality releases to our users. Responsibilities: - Test development for our continuous integration test suites such as unit, performance, and functional - Feature and regression testing of iOS, macOS, and web-based tools - Help team grow skillset in automated test development
Education & Experience
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Development experience on iOS and/or macOS
- - Familiar with Xcode and its testing technologies such as XCTest and XCUITest
- - Hands-on experience with forms of testing such as black-box, grey-box, and white-box testing
- - Experience with technical training and/or developing others’ skillsets is a plus