CPU Full Chip Physical Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a processor design effort interfacing with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of physical design, integration, and verification (PDV) experience on large processor and/or SoC designs
- Knowledge of industrial standards and practices in physical design, including floorplanning, partitioning, budgeting, place and route and physical verification
- Experience in developing and implementing power grid and clock specifications
- Solid knowledge of low power design, physical construction, integration, EMIR (Drop/Noise), SIGEM analysis, formal verification, physical PDV, DRC/LVS verification, and DFM
- Solid understanding of verification tools such as Conformal LP, LEC, RedHawk, Calibre
- Solid understanding of CMOS circuit design. Layout design background is a plus
- Working knowledge of extraction and STA methodology and tools
- Working knowledge of computer architecture
- Solid understanding of scripting languages, such as Perl/Tcl
- Ability to work well in a team, being an excellent problem solver, and self-motivated
As a Full Chip Integration Engineer, you will be participating in the physical design, integration, and verification of high performance, low power processor development. • Full chip floorplan, area optimizations, block partitioning and pin placements • Own chip level place and route (PnR), final CPU layout database construction and verification (PDV) • Develop and validate Power Grid, including routability analysis • Drive custom layout integration, block and full-chip level EM/IR, electrical verification/analysis as well as formal verification • Work with the implementation/CAD teams during the entire chip design cycle to drive signoff closure for tapeout • Work with SOC team to meet IP technical and delivery requirements • Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies • Participate in flow development for chip integration and analysis • Scripting to automate tasks and improve debug efficiency
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE or equivalent is required.