System Frameworks Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group at Apple is looking for an exceptional engineer to help architect and implement highly optimized system frameworks. As a member of our fast-paced group, you will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to influence innovative system architectures. You will also have the opportunity to take your designs through the full life-cycle of proof-of-concept, profiling and prototyping leading to production software. Our environment values initiative and fosters innovation!
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Practical experience in designing and implementing highly multi-threaded, performance sensitive code
- Solid C/C++ programming skills and a deep understanding of the operating system fundamentals
- Previous experience in deploying and maintaining large scale system frameworks
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Study design documents and generate product requirements Engage and drive cross-functional consensus on key features with scalable solutions Continual growth and building of skill sets required to keep up with the rapidly evolving field Design and implement optimized system frameworks Drive system architecture optimizing for power and performance
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Familiarity with iOS/MacOSX toolchain (gcc, gdb, etc)
- Familiarity with Objective-C, Swift
- Ability to debug and triage issues at multiple levels of the SW stack
- Experience with real time systems, safety critical systems, virtualization technologies is a plus.