Sr. Analyst - Wallet & Apple Pay - Growth Strategy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help Wallet and Apple Pay deliver amazing commerce experiences for Apple customers around the world. Apple Pay is a leading digital wallet for iOS customers in over 51 markets and growing rapidly, including e-commerce, transit, loyalty, and other product areas. Core responsibilities will include strategy development and coordination of large growth initiatives and explorations involving emerging technologies. The role will include market analysis and partnership assessments. This person will engage and partner with existing leaders across the Apple Pay team worldwide, and Apple more broadly. The primary focus will be in providing strategic analysis for Wallet & Apple Pay product strategy, business performance and growth initiatives, including new product areas, new ground-breaking business opportunities, market entry strategies, and cross-Apple programs. This will include evaluating new, long-term opportunities for Apple, current business performance, platform capabilities and other strategic opportunities to ensure Apple maintains leading payment and commerce services. In addition, the role will lead or help drive cross-functional projects that evolve our platform capabilities, break through operating constraints, and evaluate our organizational models to support a rapidly evolving Apple Pay ecosystem. The role will see opportunities, competitive and industry trends, and needed changes for our payments platform. The role will also support operational planning, prioritization, and resource allocation across the Apple Pay organization. This highly meaningful role includes frequent interaction with key internal and external partners. Internally, this role will work directly with leaders and teams across Apple Pay, App Store, and other teams throughout Apple, including business management, business development, operations, engineering, developer and other partner relations, and other teams.
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years in digital payments, mobile commerce, or related industries, including experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or similar strategy functions in a global organization.
- Deep experience in payments and commerce - capabilities, requirements and business models - with a knowledge of international market dynamics.
- Outstanding analytical and financial modeling skills; ability to structure, direct, and communicate sophisticated data analysis.
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interact, both written and verbal, with senior executives, including via formal presentations.
- Thorough understanding of Apple Pay and Apple’s other products, services and ecosystem, including particularly Apple’s App Store and media services.
Evaluating and prioritizing new growth opportunities for Apple Pay around the world through research, analysis, and financial modeling Assessing business unit performance and prioritizing improvements to current Apple Pay product roadmaps (e.g., payments, e-commerce, transit, merchant loyalty). Engaging key partners - networks, issuers, processors, merchants - on major strategic efforts for Apple Pay. Driving competitive market intelligence and industry trends relevant for digital payments. Work in close collaboration with the business leads and engage with potential strategic partners to evaluate new opportunities that can revolutionize the commerce industry.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus.