Apple Music Team- Program Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
This team is more than a group of engineers and dedicated Program Managers — it’s a group of music lovers. That passion has made Apple Music the world’s most complete music experience, with over 60 million songs, thousands of playlists, and daily selections from music experts for 115 countries. The team’s data-driven Program Managers focus relentlessly on the customer experience by running worldwide experiments and analyzing usage and latency, while collaborating with Apple’s product groups. As a result, someone can use the Shazam app to identify an intriguing song in a café in the morning, add it to their playlist from Apple Watch, listen to it through their AirPods on their commute, and share it with their family on HomePod at dinnertime. And there’s more where that came from, because personalization powered by machine learning and music science helps listeners discover more of what they love. Apple Music is a big part of Apple’s business because it’s a big part of people’s lives.
- 5+ years of technical program management in software development.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, self-responsible, self-sufficient, and accountable.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Passion for working on Music related products.
We’re looking for an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to drive initiatives related to Apple Music & partnerships with new clients. • Oversee multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. • Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself). • Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the AMP team. • Own cross-functional schedules, including AMP development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, Apple business teams), and backend reporting systems. • Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, Design, Ops, and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for partnerships, promotions and new business. • Experience with transactional systems, pricing and international currencies is a plus but not required.
Education & Experience
- BS or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.