New Product Training Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! The AppleCare Training and Procedures team produces innovative, impactful training to support new initiatives for AppleCare advisors worldwide. We are seeking an outstanding leader to work with senior stakeholders at all levels of the organization to identify effective training strategies and evaluation. The successful candidate will manage the activities of instructional designers to build instructor led, computer based, and virtual training using ground breaking technology and innovative solutions. The New Product Training Manager will also monitor, evaluate, and report on training programs effectiveness, success and return-on-investment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in contact center management
- Excellent leadership and management skills with shown ability to take initiative, create a positive environment, work as a team leader (member), and build collaborative relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies.
- Familiarity with traditional and innovative training methods including mentoring, on the job coaching, in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, and simulations.
- Experience developing effective training for Apple hardware and software products.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to effectively allocate people resources across a number of projects to meet schedules and goals.
- Experience building and analyzing reports to inform training decisions.
- Skillful in project management, assessment, and reporting.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally for three or more weeks throughout the year
- Ability to work effectively in global and virtual teams.
- Able to host and attend meetings within hours of operations for a worldwide stakeholder population
- Project management experience and/or certification preferred.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and Content Management Systems preferred.
You will lead a team to design, develop, and maintain computer based self-paced, classroom and virtual classroom training using traditional instructional design and rapid development strategies. You will guide the team to create experiential learning activities following Bloom’s Taxonomy and adult learning methodologies while ensuring that training is innovative and engaging, utilizing groundbreaking training technology. - Conduct performance evaluations and provide performance feedback. - Collaborate with internal partners to determine how AppleCare Training can best support worldwide business initiatives and impact results. - Provide training solutions of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires careful evaluation of current business trends. - Analyze existing processes within AppleCare training and recommend changes to positively impact the training development workflow.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, plus at least 4 years managerial experience or related work experience. Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or a related field is preferred.