Protocol Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is seeking a Wireless Communication Validation Engineer with a strong foundation in protocols like LTE and WiFi.
- Strong wireless systems knowledge and experience,
- Strong analytical skills to debug issues across protocol stacks
- Good understanding of the cellular networks at all levels
- Hands-on experience with NW emulators is a plus
- Good RF & OTA fundamentals knowledge and understanding along with practical experience Testing and debugging experience of cellular or WiFi communications systems.
- Ability to analyze logs to root cause issues along with network analysis
- Programming skills in C/C++, Python or Matlab
- Strong RF background across multiple wireless technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships across functional areas
- Strong communication skills
Your focus is evaluating new communication systems and implementations. This includes very early evaluations of different wireless technologies. It includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, thermals etc. Working with the HW/SW/System development teams and other multi-functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/SW/System performance. You will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any system issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering. Master’s degree is preferred. Technical training relating to Hardware and Software testing and technical understanding and experience with 3GPP standards is a plus