Training Instructional Designer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it Are you passionate about workplace learning and training development? Can you quickly and effectively resolve learning needs and create instructional-sound synchronous and asynchronous training materials to meet those needs? If so, keep reading…The AppleCare Training Instructional Designer works with business partners to identify training needs and build instructor-led, computer-based, and virtual training using ground breaking technology and innovative solutions. You will challenge learners’ understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are tradition.
- Minimum 2 years of instructional systems design experience on projects involving adult learning audiences.
- Project management experience.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency writing instructional content.
- Shown ability to build content for a global audience.
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based or virtual training environments.
- Proficiency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Experience as a solo or lead content developer on Instructional Systems Design projects related to adult learners.
- Confirmed effectiveness with global and virtual teams.
- Experience creating learning content for multicultural adult audiences.
- Experience with project management and time management tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency with word processor and presentation software applications including Pages and Keynote.
- Call center or customer service exposure and experience a plus.
Design, create, and evaluate training for Apple Support. Work with partners to conduct training needs analyses. Design course learning objectives following Bloom’s Taxonomy. Build experiential activities appropriate for targeted learners. Work closely with subject matter experts to craft, revise, and maintain training content. Develop valid assessment questions that correlate to learning objectives and assist with question vetting and updating. Design, develop, and maintain classroom, virtual classroom, and self-paced training content using traditional instructional design and rapid development strategies. Promote and participate in intra- and inter-team innovation, technology integration, process improvement, and collaboration.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; Master's or higher degree in a related field a plus.